Hurd dual arm operators

Handy Person from New York
May 10, 2024 7:06 pm
I have hurd casement windows that were installed in 2000. 4 of my windows need new dual arm operators (2 left /2 right). I saw the Encore Dual Arm Operator on your site and want to ensure they're compatible with my current setup. 39-253LB/RB would be the replacement based on the current setup I have. Do I need to replace the covers or will it be compatible with the Hurd covers I currently have?
3 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 13, 2024 11:29 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for posting! I'm sorry to say I would not be able to confirm if these are the correct replacement operators based on the window brand alone. I'll need to see clear photos of the existing hardware and the attachments at the end of the arms.

Once I have this information, I'll be able to confirm whether this is the correct replacement or if there is a more accurate replacement option.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions you might have in the meantime.

Handy Person from New York
May 13, 2024 11:45 am
Here is the picture of the window assembly. I know that the end of the piece is the same as the one shown on your website. My main question is whether i'd need to replace the cover and handle with the replacement operator or I could use my current setup.
IMG_4286
1 user uploaded images
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 13, 2024 2:07 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

You may be able to use your old cover and handle but that would only be if they are removeable from the operator. If not, you'll need to purchase the 39-451 and 39-452 along with the operators you've identified.

I hope this helps!

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts