I need another part

A home owner from Maui, HI says:
Hi experts,

I recently made an order for 5 Truth Folding Crank Handle, 11/32". However, upon arrival, I realize that the protruding screw that is connected to the crank handle I ordered is stripped. The new cranks are fine but they turn in circles when I put it into the screw.

I guess I need 5 pieces that goes on to the window without the crank handles. Can you tell me what they are and if you sell that piece (see red arrow)?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window-part.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It sounds like your operator spline is stripped, which, unfortunately, means that the entire assembly will need to be replaced. If you could open the window so that the arms that move the sash are fully visible, that will help us narrow down your replacement options. Thank you! 

Hi there, thank you for responding. This platform to communicate and find parts is so awesome! It's so much easier to show than describe a part.

Is this what you're looking for?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window-arm.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Perfect, take a look and compare the dimensions shown on the product pages of the operators we've related on this page to your original assemblies. Thanks for posting!

I don't understand your message.

Please let me know exactly which model I need to purchase so it will fit my current window. I need 5 of them.
Profile picture of Casey

I'm sorry for the confusion. The operators that we related for you would be the 39-141 and 39-142 with 11" arms, as well as the 39-139 and 39-138 with 9-1/2" arms.

Dimensions for 39-141
Dimensions for 39-141

Dimensions for 39-138
Dimensions for 39-138

Hi, I understand there are 2 lengths of arms 11" and 9.5."

Why are there 4 options between these 2 lengths?

Can you answer me one question directly:

Which arm will fit my window?

The reason I'm asking a very specific question is because I know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about window parts and I want to prevent shipping back and forth from ordering the wrong item.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The reason that Casey named four different product codes is because these are left and right oriented products. The 39-141 and 39-142 are one pair, and the 39-139 and 39-138 are another. These pairs are identical in all ways except which direction they face. Please also note that each product is sold separately. 

As for which one will fit your window, that's not something I can answer, no. That depends entirely on the size of your existing operator and right now I have no idea what your measurements are. That's something that only you can determine.

Your next step should be to measure your operator, using the dimensions Casey provided as a reference, and then pick accordingly.

Thank you for your response. That totally makes sense about the left and right oriented arms. I didn't even think of that. I measured my window's arm and it's longer than 11"

It came in at 13 inches. These are windows by Fleetwood and they referred me to your site. Do you have 13" left and right arms?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window-arm.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

As a matter of fact, we do! Our 39-406 and 39-407 have arm lengths at 13-1/2". The problem here is that we don't seem to have them in any finish other than black.

Please give me a little time to look into that. Black may be the only color option we can provide for this part but I'll see if we still can't get it in white for you, just in case.

Alternate image for 39-406
Alternate image for 39-406

Profile picture of Tom

Okay, I have good news! We can supply these operators in white, after all. Just note that there will be a 5-6 week lead time, since these have to be made.

Please let me know if you had any other questions and I would be happy to assist.

Perfect. I can wait.

Left: 3 units
Right: 2 units

Total: 5 operators.

Do you have a link you can send me so I can pay for it?

Thank you so much for your help. This has been such a great process.
Profile picture of Tom

Sounds good! The link will actually be the same products: the 39-406 and 39-407. What we'll do is just add a new color option to those pages. If you keep an eye on it those color options should hopefully be up by next month. If there are any changes (such as a different product code being used after all) then I will let you know!

We appreciate your kind words and we're happy we were able to come to a satisfactory solution.

This is so awesome! Can you email me or send me a message when it's ready available?
Profile picture of Tom

Good news, the white color option is now listed on the 39-406 and 39-407 product pages. They are not in stock yet but you are able to select the option to be auto-notified so that you'll receive an email as soon as they are available for purchase. Thank you for your patience. 

Profile picture of Tom

Hello again, we just wanted to follow up and let you know that the white versions of the 39-406 and 39-407 are now available for purchase. Please let us know if you need anything else. 

Thank you for following up. I've already ordered them and it has shipped.
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.