Identify replacement

Quick Learner from Orlando
Oct 13, 2010 5:45 pm
I have a non tilt aluminum window that is original to my 1989 house. It is very hard to open and close the window, the channel balances seem to not move smoothly with the window. I removed the balances to try and replace them, but do not see any serial numbers or other identifying numbers. I took pictures of the channel balance:
User submitted photo of their channel balance.
Could you please help me find a proper replacement? The width of the metal is 9/16" and the length is 23 1/8".

Thanks
6 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Oct 14, 2010 8:50 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Our channel balances are available on the inch. Please make sure you're only measuring the channel part of the balance, and not the shoes.
Oct 14, 2010 2:40 pm
I think it's 23" then. I only measured the metal channel length and not the shoe. Thanks.
Oct 24, 2010 1:34 pm
Have you been able to find a replacement? Thanks
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Oct 25, 2010 11:20 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
You have a balance with 19-002 and 15-005 fittings. Either 2210, 2220 or 2230. We need weight of sash to determine which balance. To determine the weight of your window sash, remove the sash from the window and weight it on a scale (a bathroom scale would be fine).
Oct 25, 2010 2:34 pm
On my bathroom scale, the sash is about 13-14 pounds. Thanks you.
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Oct 27, 2010 6:48 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
A 23" Non-tilt Channel Balance with stamp option 2230 will carry a window sash weight range of 12 through 19 pounds.
This information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
I will email you a custom balance ordering link.
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts