Inside dimensions of the Kenlin drawer socket

Home Owner from Florida
May 23, 2009 6:24 pm
I'm looking at the Kenlin Drawer socket (32-081 or 32-082) but I would like to know the dimensions of the inner portion or where the drawer glide slides into?
10 Replies
Paul from SWISCO
May 26, 2009 4:50 am

Take a look at the image in this post for additional dimensions of the 32-082. These dimensions are the same for 32-081. The Kenlin guide 32-076 fits in both the Kenlin sockets 32-081 and 32-082.

Dimensions for 32-081
Dimensions for 32-081

Tom from SWISCO
Nov 9, 2010 8:13 am
The 32-081 and 32-082 are interchangeable. There will be no difference in fit.
Handy Person from Maryland
Nov 9, 2010 10:53 am
Will the metal casing make a difference in fit vs. the 32-081
Quick Learner from Cincinnati
Jun 11, 2011 1:24 pm
Why would anyone buy the 32-081 if the 32-082 does the same thing but is a better product???
Tom from SWISCO
Jun 13, 2011 8:27 am
Personally if I was taking the time to replace my drawer sockets I would use the heavy duty but I am sure a lot of people go with the regular duty to save money.
Quick Learner from Prosperity, SC
Jun 21, 2011 7:43 pm
I am trying to fix the rear drawer socket Kenlin 32-081, although the rear of the drawer has a steel plate that looks like the "metal part" of the Kenlin 32-082. Am I understanding this correctly? or would the 32-082 be the "best choice" even though the drawer already has a metal plate?
Tom from SWISCO
Jun 22, 2011 8:47 am
The 32-082 is a heavy duty version of the 32-081; they are interchangeable.
Home Owner from Charlotte, NC
Mar 6, 2012 4:08 pm
A few years ago my Dad was here and tried to help me fix my china cabinet drawers. We took them out and found the plastic guides had gotten broken during my move. Anyway, I never could find the part locally so I just lived with the problem, and had to tilt the drawers each time I opened them in order to get them to close. The other day I made two trips to a local hardware store with the part, and the drawer, and the guy there tried to tell me I could not get that part anymore and then suggested I drive way out of my way to buy new drawer glides and then go to see a handy man to install them. When I left the hardware store, I squinted at the part and found a name stamped on it - Kenlin. So I went on the internet and found the part!! 32-081 I ordered 3 of them from you that very day, and they shipped in three days. Yesterday it took me a total of 15 minutes to install all three. Thanks to you, to the internet, and to my new tri-focals! To think I have lived with this problem for 8 years!!!! I am a 60-year-old, single-do-it-yourselfer lady of the house. THANK YOU!
Quick Learner from Michigan
Jun 4, 2013 9:42 pm
I have not been able to close the drawers on my son's Simmon's Little Folks dresser (now used in the guest room) for over 18 years. In order to get the drawer to close flush, you had to "tilt" it and I have never been able to get to the bottom of the problem. Today, I pulled out all of the drawers to spring clean inside the dresser unit and I realized that the Sockets were broken off at the bottom! Since I never knew what these were supposed to look like, and the breaks were razor clean, I didn't realize that was the problem!
These drawers have been the bane of my existance! If you are replacing yours, definately get the heavy duty 32-082 Kenlin Socket and be done with it.
Home Owner from Mt. Vernon, IN
Jan 28, 2014 11:07 pm
The replacement part 32-0181 does work but the original/replacement part is not a good engineered design. The wieght of the drawer must be kept relatively light in order to avoid failure of the part.
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts