Installation

Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Apr 29, 2009 9:23 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Yes, the 58-053 is intended to be inserted in a preexisting groove, not mounted flat on the window.
3 Replies
Home Owner from Akron
Apr 29, 2009 12:20 pm
Concerning product code 58-053. I have Wenco wood aluminium wood double hung windows. I have bubble seal around the windows. The seal has a piece that fits into a groove that that is aroung the window. I want to make sure that the product code 58-053 item is intended to be inserted in a groove and not intended to be tacked or mounted flat on the window. The demensions are right on, I just want to make sure the 7/32 portion opposite the bubble is intended for insertion and not flush mounted.
Home Owner from Ohio
Aug 25, 2009 6:52 am
Product 58-053 I have LP windows wood and want to know what glue is recomended to keep bubble seal in grove. without making huge mess.
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Aug 25, 2009 7:28 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Adhesive is not recommended, remove the old seals and cut the new seal to the right size and push into the retention slot.
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts