Installing 10-563?

A professional from Denver says:
How do I install 10-563, I have one that is broken inside!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. I hope I can help you replace this latch!

The first thing you want to do is remove the old, broken latch. To do so, you'll have to drill a 3/8" diameter hole through the center of the "female" knob approximately 1/2" to 5/8" deep. The "female" knob is that which is on the inside of the stall. You can see what it looks like by looking at either our 10-556 or 10-557 knob assemblies. You will have to replace these knobs once you've drilled it out, as they are not meant to come apart.

Once the latch is removed, insert the "male"--or outside--knob on the outside of the door through the 10-563 latch. Then, align the pins and holes and test the latch using only the "male" knob, to make sure that it's working properly. If is is, then snap the "female" knob into place.

Please remember that once these pieces are engaged, they will not come apart.
A quick learner from ontario says:
are the 10-563 and the 10-556 a match ?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Yes! The 10-563 latch and 10-556 knob assembly are very commonly used together in many stall doors.

Hopefully this answers your question, but please feel free to reach out if I can be of any further assistance.

How to install the 10-556 lavatory knob assembly.
How to install the 10-556 lavatory knob assembly.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.