Kinco channel balance 29 9 HW CMC 7

Home Owner from Cape Coral, FL
Oct 3, 2011 9:52 pm
I need two channel balances for a Kinco window. There is no hard stamp on them but there is the code " 29 9 HW CMC 7" on the balances. They are 30" in length. It looks like a S351-30 channel balance.

Thank you for your help!
7 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Oct 4, 2011 8:13 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Good Morning,

The stamp provides the length and strength of the balance but not the series.Can you send us photos of the attachments on your balance? (unless you are positive your attachments match up to the S351)
Home Owner from Cape Coral Florida
Oct 4, 2011 6:46 pm
HI Mike,

Thanks for the quick response. I've attached the pictures of the channel #s and pics of the top and bottom guides. I measured the balance length, excluding the guides and it is 30".

Thanks Again FOr Your Help!
User submitted photo of their channel balance attachments.
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Oct 5, 2011 4:07 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
You have Series 385-30 with the option of 2990 which is a custom balance. Can you weigh the sash and get back to me. You might be able to use a stock balance. You can weigh your sash on a scale like a bathroom scale.
Oct 5, 2011 7:36 pm
Hi Paul,

The sash weighs 30 lbs.

I watched the video on removing and installing balances. It appears that mine is not installed that way. If you notice the hook on the terminal end, that attaches to a slot in both jamsand the bance sits in the frame of the sash. It does not look like the lock out clip is used.

Thanks
Home Owner from Cape Coral FL
Oct 6, 2011 5:38 pm
Hi Paul,

My bad, saw a different terminal end and was incorrect. Your video and directions are perfect. Hope to see what I need to buy soon.

Hank
Oct 11, 2011 9:21 pm
Hi Paul,

With the info I gave above, please let me know which channel balances to order.

Thanks

Hank
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Oct 12, 2011 9:23 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Hank, it looks like you'll need the S385-30 with the stamp 2950, according to the weigh you've submitted.
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts