Kinko windows and balances

A quick learner from Gainesville Fl says:

I have Kinko windows with channel balances stamped 2940 and 2840 that use your pivot shoe 15-105 and hooks 62-105 or equivalent. I would like to order 2 of the 2949 and 2 of the 2840 balances along with 4 of the 15-105 shoes. Note, your picture of 15-105 shows plastic side clamp that fixes shoe in place while mine is metal, does this matter?

Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out. given that these are customer balances, they will be non-refundable and non-returnable. So you may want to be sure to confirm the weight of your sashes.

The 2840 stamp will now be the 28D stamp and the 2940 will be the 29D stamp. Both are rated to carry 23 to 28lbs. You'll also want to be sure that the length of the channels for these balances are 28" and 29".

I've sent over a link with a quote for the requested balances. You may use this link to review the pricing and to place your order.

In regard to the pivot should, part 15-105 should work fine as a replacement. Although, you may want to double check the dimensions. It is sold separately, so you'll need to remember to add it to the cart with your balances.

Open position 15-105
Open position 15-105

Alternate view of 15-105
Alternate view of 15-105

View of 15-105 in the Closed Position
View of 15-105 in the Closed Position

A quick learner from Gainesville Fl says:
Hi Jasmine, thanks for help but I think the S770-28 and 29 are not the equivalent of 2940 and 2840. Have attached photos to confirm what I have. 2940 is actually 30 inches long and the 2840 is 29 inches. Have found pictures of exact balance labeled 2940 at crlaurence.com. Do you have this equivalent? Have attached pics of pivot shoe which does appear to be same as 15-105. Are they designated L and R as anchor bar would be on different side? If Swisco has equivalent of 2940 and 2840 please requote. Otherwise I will just order some pivot shoes
Thanks
Charles
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 53D2B972-3BE7-431B-8664-E56E86536C0A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BEF62235-3305-4F38-87B9-714D4CE07EF8.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 58A19FD4-AF17-4AB3-8BE8-557AF466BC4E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 08D7A1E6-3BB4-447B-A5C0-DF645650EA15.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

I understand your concerns. The balance quoted to you in the link I sent is for two Series 770 type balances with a heavy duty hook attached to the bottom. They will be the same as the balances you've requested.

The attachment on the standard Series 770 Balance is not compatible with the 15-105 shoe. So the reason this is a custom order is because we have to attach the hook to the bottom of the balance that would be compatible with the shoe you have. The only difference in the shoe you've sent a photo of and the one we carry is the break on the back of the shoe. Otherwise, they are the exact same.

The stamps on the balance do not determine the series you need, that is determined by the attachments on the balance. The stamp only indicates the weight range that a particular balance can carry. So as explained, the stamps on our balances will not be the same as yours.

Since you have confirmed that the lengths of your balances differ, I've updated the quote to reflect such. The stamp for the 29" balances will now be the 29D stamp (23 to 28lb windows) and the 30" balances will now be a 30D stamp (24 to 29lb windows). You will want to double check the weight of your window to confirm that the weight range for these stamps are what you need for your windows. That is the only way you will be able to confirm.

Thank you!

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.