Knife latches

A handy person from Richmond, VA says:

I have United Windows (made there in NJ) and I think it's model 4150. They were installed around 2004 and I recently purchased the home. I cannot keep the screens in the windows. I think the plastic ones might have been the originals. The last 2 photos (metal) also seem to work. 

The plastic ones seem to be 1 and 1/16" as opposed to 1" so wasn't sure if any of your latches would work. Could you let me know? Also, if there is a sturdier way to keep these screens attached, I would consider. I have cats and they keep pushing them out!

Thank you...I think they must have been pretty inexpensive windows but cannot afford to replace right now.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0317.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0320.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0322.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0324.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us, and for your patience during this busy season. I don't recognize these latches off-hand, but we may still have something that can work for you. 

Please give me a little more time to see if I can track this old model down and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I unfortunately couldn't find your exact knife latch. It might be just a little too old. 

That said, we sell two types you might want to consider: our 70-222 and 90-227. Review the design of these two parts and see if you think you could get them to work. You'll also find two videos below that may help you come to a decision.

How to replace a window screen clip
How to replace a window screen clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove screen knife latches
How to remove screen knife latches
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.