Looking for Spring cap for Boyd Window

Contractor from Fairfield, CA
Apr 22, 2019 11:35 am


A local school came in our shop with a single hung window he wanted us to make operable. We were able to get the spring balances for the Boyd window but on one side, there is a black cap that is missing. It suppose to catch the spring balance and bring it down. In picture one is a picture of the cap we need. 2 is just showing the spring that it is not catching to bring down and 3 is the logo. Please let me know if you need more pictures.

Thank you


boyd_1[1] boyd_2[1] boyd_3[1]
3 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Bob from SWISCO
Apr 23, 2019 10:48 am

Hi Michelle. Sounds like you're looking to replace your Top Sash Guides. We can help you do this, but unless I see 'mugshot pictures' of the front and side one of the guides removed from the window (preferably an undamaged version), it's hard for me to say exactly what you need. You can start by viewing our 18-032 or 18-094, but these are just guesses based on the shape of your Top Sash Guide's cap. If these are incorrect, or you are unsure what you need, just send those side and front pictures. Many thanks.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts