Looking for replacement crank for casement window

Home Owner from New York
Mar 26, 2024 10:59 am
The screws are 4.5 inches apart. The arm is 9". It has C-9400-1 stamped on it. The current one is stripped and doesnt close.
casement window operator
1 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Mar 27, 2024 1:37 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thank you for reaching out to us. We may be able to help with this. Can you show us a photo of the operator base? Seeing a bird's eye view of the operator's arm would be a huge help, as well as any attachments. 

Home Owner from New York
Mar 27, 2024 2:17 pm
Thank you so much!
andersen operator base andersen operator base single arm andersen operator single arm andersen operator
4 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Mar 28, 2024 1:22 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Perfect! I appreciate you getting that for us. It appears that your window was originally meant to be an awning window but installed as a casement window. That isn't necessarily something to be concerned about considering it's been operating the whole time without issue but it is something to keep in mind. 

With that said, our 38-099 awning operator looks similar as does the 39-343 if your window was made from 1995 to 1998. We also have the 39-339 casement window operator. Unfortunately, I can't promise their functionality since they aren't exact matches. I recommend reviewing the specifications and comparing them with your old assembly to see how they align. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts