Looking for window balance UNIQUE 26-D-40

Quick Learner from NYC
Aug 4, 2016 12:13 pm
Hi, I had a couple window balances fail and am looking for replacement parts. Thanks!
User submitted photos of a window balance.
3 Replies
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Aug 9, 2016 11:03 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Thanks for posting. This balance is no longer made, but I think we can still help. Before I recommend anything, can you just tell me how this balance is attached at the top? Does it use a hook, or a screw tab?
Quick Learner from NYC
Aug 9, 2016 1:19 pm
Hi Paul, thanks for your help. I believe it's a screw tab. I've added a picture of the attachment to the window channel (not sure I'm using the correct terminology).

Thank you!
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Aug 12, 2016 9:35 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Thank you. That's a huge help. In that case, see our Series 795 channel balance and 15-194 shoe. I think you could use this configuration to replace what you have now. Keep in mind that the Series 795 actually comes with the 15-195 (1-1/4" wide) shoe by default, but you can actually just pop this off and pop the 15-194 (1" wide) shoe on in its place. Do you think you could get this configuration to work?
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts