MI Products Series 165/175 Pivot Lock Shoe/Spiral Balance

Handy Person from Fort Walton Beach Florida
May 8, 2024 6:07 pm

I contacted MI Products, they no longer have replacement parts for my windows Series 165/175. They referred me to you, hoping you have the replacement parts I need. One of my pivot lock shoes has broken and suspect more are on borrowed time. Do you have this item in stock?

Sincerely

John 

tilt spiral balance aama sticker
2 user uploaded images
6 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
May 9, 2024 3:29 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hey there John.

It looks like you have a tilt window spiral balance. Depending on the diameter of the outer tube, you could have the 3/8" S900 or 9/16" S600. We're happy to help with the pivot shoe but we'd need to see it removed from the window along with the confirmed thickness and width. 

May 11, 2024 5:14 pm

Attached are three photos of the Pivot Lock shoe. Right now, that is my primary concern.

Sincerely

John 

pivot shoe face side of shoe pivot shoe back
3 user uploaded images
May 12, 2024 4:00 pm
One more Pic
pivot shoe
1 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
May 13, 2024 8:45 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

It's a bit hard to get accurate dimensions from photos of a tape measure but the 15-212 comes to mind. I recommend you review the specifications to confirm they match up with your old shoe.

Alternate image for 15-212
Alternate image for 15-212

May 13, 2024 4:45 pm
That looks like it's the one! Thank You for your help!

John

Emily
Emily from SWISCO
May 14, 2024 7:54 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Happy to help! I'll be here if you need anything else. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts