Milgard 1997 Casement Windows Plastic pieces

A quick learner from Half Moon Bay, CA says:
Milgard 1997 Casement Windows Plastic pieces that hold the locking mechanism rails - many are cracked as the image shows. Some info on label phot attached
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3383.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3384.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Looks like you need a new lock bar guide. Check out our 39-265 and see if this can be used to repair your window.

Looks like you nailed it Tom.

Thank you

Jim
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome, glad to hear it! Thanks for considering us and please let  me know if you need anything else.

Dang! They are the wrong part. It's actually a two part piece. One in the back of the rail and one in the front. All the back pieces are fine. Just the front pieces have failed.The correct part has grooves and slots that line up with the bottom piece for it to fit perfectly.
When I put in the parts you sent, they did not mate up properly and the window doesn't close. See pics.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Ah, that stinks. I'm very sorry to hear it didn't work. I've looked all over and couldn't find a two-piece version of this guide. Could you possibly use small washers to make up for it? If not, you can return it for a refund. See our return policy for more information. Sorry again that you're having trouble with our part!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.