Milgard Sliding Door rollers

Home Owner from Salem OR
May 9, 2024 6:43 pm
They looked like rollers Code 81-018. Is this likely the rollers that Milgard would have on their sliding doors in 1989? The sliding door is 3 x 6.5 feet.
4 Replies
Home Owner from Salem OR
May 9, 2024 7:38 pm
Also there were these numbers at the bottom of the patio door 2MG5All081
Bob
Bob from SWISCO
May 9, 2024 8:10 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for posting. We've seen the 81-018 used with Milgard doors in the past, but I must stress that this is no gaurantee; nor can I use the information about your door to narrow down options. Sliding glass door rollers are very brand-independent due to their generic designs, and with rare exception the only way to know for sure what you need is to remove the old rollers and send us photos. We can narrow down your options from there. See the videos and guides on this page for further information. 

Home Owner from Salem OR
May 13, 2024 10:19 pm
Thanks for identifying what is needed to know what rollers will replace the worn ones. I will add photos of the existing roller to help identify the correct roller for my 1989 aluminum frame door. Removal was done by pulling the frame sides out to extract the roller unlike the newer plastic frames. The roller is all metal
IMG_5501 IMG_5498 IMG_5499 IMG_5492
4 user uploaded images
Bob
Bob from SWISCO
May 14, 2024 2:44 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

These photos are a huge help, thanks. This looks almost identical to our 81-269. I think this may be the part you want, but look it over and let me know what you think!

Alternate image for 81-269
Alternate image for 81-269

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts