Need T-lock balance shoe

Handy Person from North Carolina
Jul 20, 2012 8:02 pm
Thanks to your catalog I see what the name of the part is. As you might be able to tell, the upper section of the shoe is seriously bent--probably because the channel detached and the shoe rotated in the jamb.

The channel has the stamped markings: 34B B61 TF

I might need the channel and shoe as the rivet that holds the shoe in the channel has broken.

Any help appreciated!

Rick
A customer submitted photo of channel balance attachments.
3 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Jul 23, 2012 10:32 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Thanks for posting, Rick! It looks like you might have our Series 795 channel balance. Does that look about right? Make sure to compare your shoe to the one that comes with that Series. What is its width, from ear-to-ear? Could you also tell me what the length of the metal channel is?

These shoes aren't actually held in with rivets. They should be able to just pop in and out.
Handy Person from North Carolina
Jul 23, 2012 11:33 am
The 795 looks to be the closest, but ear to ear I've only got 1" to work with vs. the 1.25" on the 795.

The channel is 34" long, the rivet the shoe hooks onto is broken but I could likely straighten things up enough to put a new rivet in.

I can't find any mfg marks on the window, but these are basic builder grade units.

Thanks,

Rick
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Jul 23, 2012 1:16 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
Thanks for getting back to us. With a 1" wide shoe, you may have to have a custom balance made with the 15-194 shoe. However, I just had a thought. Looking at your shoe, it appears to be particularly thin, not just in ear-width. Before we go any further, can you tell me what the width and depth of your metal channel is?
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts