Need help ID'ing balances and shoes

Quick Learner from NY
Jan 28, 2024 6:37 am

I need to replace two, 25" and two, 22" balances and the corresponding shoes.

I've looked at your various parts, but I can't figure out which ones to get.

The balances appear to be 3/8" diameter.

Attached are photos.

Can you ID which parts I need?

Thank you very much.
5 8 4 3 1
5 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Jan 29, 2024 2:56 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hey there!

I recommend the Series 900 if the outer tube measures 3/8" in diameter. I can't identify the pivot shoe just yet though. Can you confirm the thickness and width of the pivot shoe? It can be hard to get accurate dimensions from photos of a tape measure. 

Quick Learner from NY
Feb 6, 2024 1:37 pm
Sorry for the delay. Here are clear pictures showing the dimensions of the shoes:

2" tall
1-1/8" wide
1/2" thick

pivot shoe thickness pivot shoe width pivot shoe height pivot shoe specs
4 user uploaded images
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Feb 7, 2024 1:21 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for getting back to us. Your pivot shoe looks like the old Silverline shoe which has been replaced with the 15-046. Take a look at the specifications and see what you think.

As for the balance, you may want to double-check the outer tube diameter to be safe. I noticed you have a red nylon bearing and that usually correlates with the 5/8" diameter Series 600

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts