Need help identifying window part

Quick Learner from Indianapolis
Oct 6, 2020 7:57 am

Good morning,

I recently purchased a handful of channel balances and on one of the windows I also noticed that the plastic hook that is screwed into the window to grab the channel balance is also broken. Can you help me identify this piece and do you sell it? I have attached a picture. It is a little plastic piece with a hook on it that is screwed into the outside of the window sash. The hook then grabs the channel balance and secures it with the window for continued operation. Without the hook, the channel balance continues to stay at the top in the take-out clip because there is nothing to pull it down with the window.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,


1 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Tom from SWISCO
Oct 9, 2020 12:44 pm

Hello, Jeremy. This part is called a top sash guide. We sell a ton, but I don't recognize your style. Would it be possible to see it out of the window? I would specifically like to see it from the front and side. Think of it like a mug shot. Thanks!

Quick Learner from Indianapolis
Oct 9, 2020 11:50 pm
After looking around that is what I thought it was as well. But I also was not able to find the same one. There are no identifying markers or anything on it but I have attached the two pictures as requested. Any help would be greatly aappreciated.
PXL_20201010_033402484 PXL_20201010_033353167
2 user uploaded images
Tom from SWISCO
Oct 12, 2020 9:52 am

Thank you so much, Jeremy. This is a huge help. Based on that side profile, I feel very confident that our 18-125 is the match you want. It is unfortunately not made in black, but it can always be painted if that's a dealbreaker.

Look it over and let me know what you think.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts