Need part for the broken Coil balancing

Quick Learner from Greenland, NH 03840
Sep 2, 2023 11:10 pm

Multiple window's Coil balancing broken. The original parts are show above. Only labels showed on the plastic part are: " Pat.No. 8,458,878" and "10". On the spring, there is a label: "10". "

The 10 lb Series 140 Quick-Tilt" seems like an option, but it only fits pocket size 9/16" x 1-1/4", but my window's pocket size is 13/16" x 1-1/4".

Thank you so much in advance for your time and help to help find out the part I need.

Have a wonderful Labor Day.

Anping

IMG_2820 IMG_2821 IMG_2822 IMG_2828
4 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Sep 6, 2023 4:00 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for writing in! There is a chance that we can supply you with the replacement coil balance assembly needed for your window, however, I'll need just a bit more information to confirm.

To start, may I please see a photo of the pivot bar compatible with your coil balance shoe?

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Sep 10, 2023 10:09 pm
Thank you for your response.

Actually, our window doesn't have a pivot bar. Attached is the side of the window with good balance device. The photo IMG_2862 is whole side of the window. The IMG_2863 is the coil balance shoe. The IMG_2864 is the coil spring box.
IMG_2862 IMG_2863 IMG_2864
3 user uploaded images
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Sep 11, 2023 9:58 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for the photos. The pivot bar is what helps the sash to tilt in and out so that you can either clean or remove it. It pivots up and down when the pivot bar connected to the metal cam, turns that cam. When the C shape is turned up, it allows you to remove the sash but allowing the ends of the pivot bar protruding from the sash to be lifted out of the coil balance shoe.

In the photos you've provided there are two screws at the bottom of the sash. They are what secure the pivot bar to the sash.

Once you are able to remove that and send photos, I'll be able to determine the best possible replacement.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sep 12, 2023 3:33 pm
Thank you so much. Here are the photos.
Pivot bar- back Pivot bar front
2 user uploaded images
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Sep 13, 2023 8:37 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for the photos. I believe our 26-083 should work as a suitable replacement for your pivot bar. So long as one of the installation holes matches yours, in measurement, this should work fine.

If neither of the installation hole measurements match please let me know and we'd be happy to provide a better replacement solution.

Detail of 26-083
Detail of 26-083

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts