Need pile weatherstrip for a door

A home owner from Phoenix, AZ says:
Hello,

I received our order for item 58-099 but the pile of 5/16" is far too short to fill the gap in the door I'm replacing the old pile for. The 9/32" width of the base is perfect but I need a taller pile length.

I have a small piece of pile from another door in our building where the height appears to be at least 5/16" tall and is black, not gray. Do you carry a 9/32" width with taller pile in black?

I would like to exchange/return the current item as well. Thank you, Robert P
User submitted a photo of wool pile.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. What height did you need, exactly? If 5/16" isn't tall enough we will need a more specific measurements to work o ff of. Our 58-179 is often used on doors, but it's a little narrower and might be too long. Check out its measurements and see what you think.
A quick learner says:
Hi, thanks but I purchased the black one above from a local shop that ran out and don't know the exact height. When I measure it the method is very subjective with the pile leaning, etc but I would say it's about 5/16" tall. But they one you sent 58-099 claims to be 5/16" as well you can clearly see from the photo it is much shorter. The black is also fuller/bushier than the one supplied.

Issue with 58-179 is it must be 9/32" wide, that is for sure.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The only other possible match I can think of is our 58-105, at 9/32" x 11/32".
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.