Need replacement channel balance's

Handy Person from Florida
Oct 21, 2023 11:20 am

Hi,

I'm am not sure what channel balances to order. I have attached photo's of existing balances. The only markings I can find are 27 14L BSI RO. These are for very heavy window's, I would guess the are about 45#'s each non tilting.

Will a S390-28 with the 2780 option work?

Thanks,

Tom  

IMG_9572 IMG_9573 IMG_9574 IMG_9575 IMG_9576
5 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Bob
Bob from SWISCO
Oct 21, 2023 8:15 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hey Tom. This does look like an S390-28. The only other possibility would be the S351-28. Review the illustrations of the bottom shoe depth below and compare to your old balance shoe just to be certain which matches best.

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.

As far as the correct stamp, as you already surmised, 27 14L is not a familiar one to us, but you should be able to use one of the stamp options we provide so long as your window sash's exact weight falls into the weight ranges are stock stamp options cover. 2780 will support a sash in the weight range of 42 through 45 pounds. I highly advise weighing the sash to confirm it falls within this range before proceeding. Let me know if it exceeds it. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts