Need the attached parts.

Quick Learner from Frederick Maryland
May 13, 2023 1:58 pm
I need both right and left coil balances for a set of 4 identical windows. Window tag included. I also need a single tilt latch. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am quite capable of replacing just need the correct parts.
simintontopspringleft IMG_6658 Siminton Right 6659 simintonfamilyroomlabel
4 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
May 16, 2023 10:44 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello there!

Thank you for reaching out to us. Start by taking a look at the 26-243 and 26-244 tilt latches. Review the specifications and see how they compare with an undamaged latch. 

In order to identify the coil balance, I will need to see a photo of the pivot shoe first. 

May 26, 2023 9:11 am
Hey Emily,

Heres photos of our Pivot shoes. Hope this helps and thanks for all your help.
IMG-6751 IMG-6752
2 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
May 26, 2023 9:48 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thank you kindly for getting back to me! This is a huge help. Based on what I see here and the fact that this is a Simonton brand window, my recommendation is the 15-259 pivot shoe. This part uses the Series 159 coil springs and the video below will walk you through the process. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

May 31, 2023 10:58 am
Emily,
I guess I need the 26-083 Pivot bar and 15-256 for each side as well?
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
May 31, 2023 4:15 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Yes, the 26-083 is required for this conversion. However, the coil support will depend on how many springs you will use per side. If you're using (2) per side then the 15-256 would be what you want. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts