Need to create tilting screens to fit existing triple track

Handy Person from Acton, MA
May 20, 2024 12:38 am
I have a couple triple track storm window systems and the screens are gone. I was not able to find any markings on the frames so I need to reproduce them. They pivot from the top and have spring loaded latches at the bottom. I hope the 3 pics are sufficient to show what I need to recreate them. I need the extruded channels too.

Thanks,

Matt
20240510_073036 20240510_073026 20240510_073016
3 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO
May 23, 2024 9:49 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

I had to make up some screens a few years back myself and could not find the material I needed to match. What I did was to make up some screens using roll metal, and to keep the screens in the window tracks I installed 2 pull pins on each side of the screen frame. I located the pins approximately 3" down from the top and up from the bottom. 

What you want to do is check the thickness of the frame you now so that you can get the correct screen frame. Do the same for the pull pins. Note that we do not sell framing material of any kind, so you will need to get these at a local hardware store. Looking at your existing screen you might need to use the 70-008 pull pin, but that will depend on if you are using a 3/8" thick screen frame or not. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts