New face plate for 83-004

A home owner from White Plains NY says:
Back in July '15 I bought a 83-004 latch for our screen door.
I mounted it successfully and it has worked for almost a year. Now it no longer grips into the threads of the "face plate" which is glued to the door.
Can I get a new "face plate" and what is the item number? Alternatively a new plate and latch which grips into threads in the plate.
Thanks
Leon
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hmm... based on your description, it sounds like the rivet nut (like our 70-087) installed into the screen door is worn. See if you can use a tap set to re-tap the threads in the riv-nut. It should be an 8-32 thread count. This might be a quick fix. If not, check with a local hardware store in your area they might sell a kit to install a new riv-nut.
How to Replace a Sliding Screen Door Latch and Keeper
How to Replace a Sliding Screen Door Latch and Keeper
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.