Not sure which model is correct

A quick learner from Santa Rosa California says:

The length of the channel is 24, the stamp on the channel says 2590 and I don't see that number listed. I'm thinking that the series 380 is the right one but the stamped number is throwing me off. Please see attached photos. I will need 2 sets.

Thank you in advance for your help.

David 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220612_164603.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220612_164553.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220612_164544.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220613_214607.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, David.

Depending on the depth of your bottom shoe, you could have either our Series 380 or Series 385. These two balances look very similar but the important difference is the bottom shoe depth. The Series 380 has a 1" deep shoe and the Series 385 has a 1-3/32" deep shoe. Measure as shown in the image below to see which one matches up best. 

A balance with a 2590 stamp would usually measure 26" long for the metal channel but I'm wondering if whoever made yours used the wrong stamp. You may want to double check this measurement just to be safe. If it's still measuring as 24", you will need to weigh your sash on a scale and refer to the chart under the product description on the S380-24 and S385-24 product pages to determine the correct stamp option. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.