Ordered wrong channel balance - need help identifying correct part

A quick learner from Santa Barbara, California says:
Hi-

I need help identifying the correct channel balance for my windows. I thought I needed the Series 751, but as you can see by the photos, mine has a screw hole at the top of my balance and it has a plain channel with only one (not two) sash cords. The shoe from the S-751 looks to be correct, however. Can you please help me out, as I must return the incorrect part and get the correct one for MANY windows. THANKS, Martine Mickiewicz
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named channelbalancefronttop.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named channelbalancebottominterior.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named channelbalancetopinterior.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named channelbalanceback.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named channelbalancefront.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Believe it or not, I just had another customer with pretty much this same configuration. You must have bought your window at the same time as he did.

We can help with this balance, but it has to be a custom order since this isn't a stock design. Before we go any further, though, I need a bit more information. First, can you confirm the length of the metal channel? I'd also like to know the exact weight of the sash your balances support. Finally, how many did you need?

Hi - The channel balance length is 25 inches and the window weighs 22 pounds. I would need six of those.

I also have another, smaller one that is broken. That one is 12 inches in length and weighs just 9 pounds. I would need two of those. THANKS!
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, thank you so much! What I'll do now is email you two purchase links and price quotes for the requested balances. You can use these to place an order on our site.

One thing to note is that the 12" balance you need is unfortunately out of stock. There is an expected lead time of approximately 4-5 business weeks. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Hi Tom- Thanks for the info. Will I need a different shoe for a plain channel, then? I had previously ordered 15-018, I believe and now I'm not sure that will work...or will the custom channel balances come with shoes? Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom

These balances will come with the 15-014 pre-attached. This shoe appears to match what you have in your photos, but if you have any doubts then please let me know.

Hi-
I noticed on my shoe that it has a tiny coil spring in it and I have the 15-014, which does not. Also, mine seems a bit smaller (but not much). So, I'm a bit concerned, but I did order the 25-incher and the 12-incher.
The smaller one on the left is mine, and the one on the right is the SWISCO shoe. As you can see, mine has a little spring in it.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named shoe.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Shoedetailwithspring.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. Your knife shoe definitely looks broken. You will need to compare the dimensions of an unbroken version to the 15-014, I don't think a damaged one will give you an accurate read. 

As for the spring, I've never personally seen one with it, but I do know of it. Its purpose was to keep the metal fork press against the window track to keep it locked when removing the sash. 

Hi Paul and Tom:

Well, before I pay for custom channel balances (which I assume are non-refundable), I would like to know if your shoe 15-014 will work on that custom order. Is there someone on your staff who can verify if your shoe will work like mine, which is a Weather Shield Visions 2000 knife point locking cam 99-115 (part number #980791)?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Weathershield has exclusive rights to their knife shoe that is very similar to our 15-014, which is from the balance manufacturer. We believe it should work fine in vinyl jamb liner.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.