PGT Casement Window CA5540

A home owner from Fernandina Bch, FL 32034 says:

Hi. Looking for hardware to replace some rusted out parts that finally let go. The window did not make it all the way to the ground. I need the "upper" hardware for a window that opens out; from the inside, it swings to the "right". The picture showing the hardware needing replacement is from the outside.

Thanks!

Tony

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221108_110551_2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221108_110611_2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230202_113333_2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230202_113340_2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230202_113348_2.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Tony. Thanks for reaching out to us. Looks like you need new hinges for your casement window.

We don't sell the exact style you show here, but I feel confident that our 36-048 can replace them. The catch is that you have to replace the top and bottom at the same time so that they have a symmetrical operation.

The video below will go into more detail. I'd also be happy to answer any questions you may have, just let me know!

A home owner from Fernandina Bch, FL 32034 says:
Thanks! That looks like a project within my capabilities! I will also need several of the "things" pictured below; keepers or something. Is there also a comparable part for that? It appears that the distance from the "base" to the top of the "curve" is 5mm.

TM
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230207_150832_2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230207_150843_2.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sure, this looks like what we call a "snubber." We don't sell this exact design but our 39-547 is similar. Check this out to see if you think you could adapt this for use on your window.

How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.