PGT series SH4000 aluminum single hung

A home owner from Arcadia Florida says:
Hi, I need balances and top sash guides; balance sizes: 30"; 24" ; 17"

numbers stamped are only 3 digits (2 numbers-space-1 number) - windows are very heavy

17" 16 3 BSI
24" 23 4 BSI
24" 23 5 BSI
30" 29 6 BSI

researching your great site, I believe the balances to be series 380 and the top sash guide to be 18-015

Please give me your advice so I can place an order. I can try to send more photos if needed but thought this would give an idea. Didn't realize several of the photos I took were accidentally erased.
Thank you. Lou
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4573 (1).JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4587.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4588.JPG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to look into this for you but we would need to see the fitting attached to the opposite end for the balance as well to confirm the correct replacement. 

If both fittings are winged and the bottom fitting shown in your photos measures exactly 1" deep as shown below, I agree that the S380 would be the correct match. You would use the balance stamps to choose the corresponding strength option for each length. For example, your 17" balances would require 1630 strength options. 

As for your top sash guide, we would need to see an undamaged version of yours uninstalled, along with written-out dimensions, to determine fi the 18-015 would be the best match. Thank you. 

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

A home owner from Arcadia Florida says:

Hello Casey,

first photo is the top fitting off the balance and the brown piece is the top sash guide which measurements match that of your "alternate view of 18-015 PGT sash guide" mine of course are brown. 15/16" wide at top; 13/16" wide bottom; inset is 5/8"wide; oblong hole is 3/16" from top to bottom; guide length from top to bottom of beveled edge is 1-9/16";width of side top is 5/8"; bottom side width is 1/4"

second photo is 3 different angles of the top fitting; all have wings

the bottom fitting is 1" deep

thank you for looking at all this for me.

Sincerely, Lou 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4629.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4628.JPG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. I agree that the S380 channel balance and 18-015 top sash guide would be the correct replacements for the parts in your photos. Thanks for posting. 

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.