Pado hardware

Handy Person from West Chester ,pa
May 24, 2024 11:03 am
Looking to replace this Pado lock on a screen door, believe it was purchased 1993 from Home Depot.
I want to have it changed to a thumb latch so it meets code as I can't have keyed lock on any door going to outside.

See photo with ruler , looks like Product Code: 40-049 might work to replace whole unit or can the inside keyed portion be replaced with hand turned non locking latch. If so what part.

Also is this a hard switch, I have metal drill if needed. But not much experince with locks but overall handy usually

Joe
IMG_0649 IMG_0648 IMG_0646
3 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Bob
Bob from SWISCO
May 24, 2024 10:13 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hey Joe. The 40-049 Storm Door Lockset is indeed our best match for this. We've used it to replace this old Pado lockset many times. I'm a little confused as to the configuration of your old lockset. Is the key lock on the inside pull, and is there a thumb lever on the outside? Or is it actually a keyway on both sides? Either way, having a key lock on the inner pull is definitely the issue. It's possible you might be able to just replace the key components with the 40-089--this is the thumb lever and key lock used with the 40-049. I am not sure however if it will fit your older lockset. See the dimensions below. Otherwise, your best bet is just going to be replace everything with the 40-049--this has the key lock on the outside and a thumb latch on the inside. Let me know what you think.

Exterior view of 40-089
Exterior view of 40-089

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts