Parts for Pella retractable screen door

Home Owner from Las Vegas
Apr 9, 2023 5:09 pm

Hello!

We're looking for both the handle and the mechanism the handle latches into to secure the door open. It's for our pella retractable screen door. Photos include the missing door handle area and the area where the door would catch/latch when open. The piece that's there is something that we purchased but the door handle won't latch onto it.

Apologies for not knowing the correctly terminology.

Best,

Kim

E1FA5A61-1176-4974-98A2-A00AD22172DD CE72F232-EECF-4551-9BA5-6DC0534A2CA9
2 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Apr 11, 2023 11:56 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello, Kim! Your keeper in the second photo appears to match our 85-016. This is commonly used with the 84-225 handle set, though without seeing the original I can't be 100% sure that this is what you need. I think it's a strong possibility, though. Look these parts over and see what you think!

Home Owner from Las Vegas
Apr 11, 2023 3:32 pm

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the reply. The handle looks correct. What does the hook catch on in the strike kit to keep it secure?

Best,

KimĀ 

Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Apr 12, 2023 8:28 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Great! I'm glad my suggestions match up to the old parts.

As for what the latch hooks onto, that's honestly a great question. I don't have a lot of personal experience with this hardware myself but I believe the hook on the 84-225 secures to that plastic hourglass shaped insert on the 85-016.

Handy Person from Pennsylvania
Nov 3, 2023 3:10 pm
It latches to the plastic piece in the stike kit. I need the plastic piece, nothing else. The rest of the screen is in tact.
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Nov 6, 2023 10:50 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

That plastic piece is unfortunately not sold separately. Pella only supplies the 85-016 keeper as a complete set.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts