Pella window replacement channels

Handy Person from Kennett Square, PA
May 20, 2024 10:15 am
I need to replace the window channels in my Pella double hung window. Number on channel says - 30D - BSI. Photos attached. How do I order?
image_67211777 image_50425345 image_67148545 image_67128321
4 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 20, 2024 2:45 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for posting! Your balance is the Series 795 Channel Balance assembled with a T-lock shoe. Given the 30D stamp on the balance, you'll need the S795-30. Although, there is a chance that the replacements will need to be a custom assembly.

Your balance has a hook attached to the top of it, but you may be able to use our replacement, as is. You'll need to check installation hole for the hook at the top of the window channel to confirm if it is square in shape. If so, you'll be able to use the 26-200 Balance Screw Plug to install the replacements. Take a look at the video tutorial below for reference.

Should the installation hole be a different shape or a slot at the top of the channel, please let me know as these will need to be a custom assembly, made with a 15-198 Balance Clip Attachment.

May 20, 2024 4:04 pm
The hole in the channel is round, not square. See attached photos. So I think it will need to be a custom assembly.
image_67136001 image_67166465
2 user uploaded images
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 21, 2024 2:32 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for confirming! I’ve forwarded a link with a quote for (2) of these S795-30 channel balances with a 30D stamp and a 15-198 clip attached. You’ll be able to use this link to review the quote and place the order from your online cart.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions.

May 30, 2024 12:45 pm
I received the channels today, but the bottom portion that holds the window, is wider than the ones that are in the window. See photo. Old part is green, and new part is white. As you can see it is about 1/8" wider on each side. Any suggestions on how I make this work or if I need to return these to get correct channels with proper bottom part that will fit into the channel?
image_167837697
1 user uploaded images
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 30, 2024 1:54 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

My apologies! I assumed your balance had a shoe with a 1-1/4" width but it does appear that you'll need the 15-194 shoe with a 1" width. 

It won't be necessary to return the balances since we do not attach these shoes to the balances prior to shipping them, they are sold separately. The shoes are fairly easy to swap out; take a look at the video below for reference.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts