Pennco window lift rod assembly

Handy Person from Georgetown, SC
May 7, 2024 8:20 am

Hello,

I need a new rod/spring assembly for a pennco window. The bottom part of the window weighs 17lbs. Please let me know if your parts will work as a replacement.

Thanks,

GregĀ 

IMG_6016 IMG_6015
2 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
May 8, 2024 3:46 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

We'd be happy to look into this for you but I can't quite make out how the top of your balance would attach to the window jamb. If you could show us an undamaged balance and confirm how it installs, that will help us narrow down your options. There should also be a stamp code on the balance channel that wed like to see. Thank you! 

Handy Person from Georgetown, SC
May 8, 2024 7:30 pm

I find no numbers or identifiers other than Pennco on the windows, jambs or balance. The balance sits on top of a pin and a piece of molding holds it in place. It does not actually attach to the jamb I have included photos of the pin and molding. The balance is 9/16" x 9/16" x 34".

I found a post on your site from 2019 which looks like the same issue/part and incudes Swisco's solution. https://www.swisco.com/discussions/Pennco-window-77-138858

Please let me know if I can provide any additional info.

Greg

IMG_6019 IMG_6020
2 user uploaded images
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
May 9, 2024 8:47 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

I agree that as long as your balance installs the same way as the assembly shown in the discussion you found, the S770 channel balance with the 62-105 hook should work for you. Since the S770 comes with a different pulley clip, it will need to be a custom order. We'll just need to know the number of balances that you need, with the minimum being two. 

Alternate image for 62-105
Alternate image for 62-105

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts