Pile Weatherstrip

A contractor from Houston, Texas says:
I need the part number for weatherstrip 3/16 base and 1/2" thick pile.
Thanks,
Steve
woolpile
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Steve. We have two wool pile samples that may work for you. See our 58-198, which is 7/16" high, and our 58-179, which is 5/8". They both have the same base width of 3/16". You might do better with the 58-198 because the 58-179 might be too tall, which can cause the sash to bind, but carefully measure your pile just to be sure.
A quick learner from Houston, Texas says:
There are two aluminum doors but only one side has the channel for the weatherstrip. The gap between the doors is appx 1/2" so would you recommend one over the other or should I order both to be sure?
Thanks
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
When you say the gap is approximately 1/2", can you clarify more precisely? Is it a little over or little under a 1/2"? If it's over, I would recommend the 58-179 , but if it's under I would consider the 58-198 instead. Either way it's your call.

Another thing to consider is a trick I liked to do in the past. When the wool pile I installed was too tall, and the doors would not close, I would give the wool pile a shave with a single edge razor blade. You need a steady hand, though, since you don't want to shave off too much.
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.