Plastic Pivot Rod Cap

A home owner from San Antonio says:
I need a plastic 'pivot rod CAP?? it is 1/4" diameter on the inside where the metal spring loaded rod fits, this cap part is abt 1/8" deep, and has a 3/4" diameter base -about the size of a nickel, that actually slides back and forth in the track. the only marking I can find on the bi-fold doors is on a center piece that says ACME. thank you.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid Acme is long gone. They where bought out by Stanley, who in turn sold off parts of their closet door business. It will be difficult to identify your part without photos and dimensions. I did find one closet door guide, our 23-124, for you to review. Is this a match? If not, please provide some pictures and measurements and we can work from there.
A home owner from San Antonio tx says:
Here are a few pictures. I need the cap. Or maybe ? Replace the whole part ?
User submitted photo of their closet door guide.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hello. Maybe I can help. I don't think that cap is available by itself, but check out our 23-172 top roller guide, which I believe is for old Stanley. Could this work for your door? Look at the size of the cap and the pin and compare them to your own.
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at