Question on bulb seal for a fixed sash

A home owner from USA says:
I just replaced all the window seals with your 58-182 and it worked well.
On my windows qty(23) the upper window or sash is fixed. In the photo it shows the seal between the windows. MI ( the manufacturer) says that you have to dismantle the upper window in order to replace that seal.
Do you have a short cut or solution for easy replacement without having to dismantle the entire window to replace the seal?
Thank you ,
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Seeing as how your window is single hung, there is no way to remove the top sash. It also looks like there an exposed screw on the sash and another inside the interlock channel. This will make things difficult. Hopefully you have one of these windows in the garage, attic or an unused room so that you can experiment.

What you will need to do is remove the bottom sash and pull out the bubble weather strip from the top sash. Cut the new bubble weather strip to the size you need and work its base in either the top or bottom groove. Then, use a thin putty knife to work the other side of the bubble leg in the opposite groove.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)