RV door trim

Quick Learner from Minnesota
Jan 11, 2016 10:06 am
We purchased this part# 58-135 thinking it was a perfect match, however it was not. Do you have another item that is like ours, the T part needs to be rubber.
User submitted a photo of weatherseal.
5 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Jan 13, 2016 9:19 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
I'm not sure. It would depend on the size of your seal. Can you give me your measurements as compared to the 58-135?
Jan 13, 2016 9:59 am
It is identical to 58-135 (3/16x3/8) however the T part, ours is rubber. We tried installing 58-135, but the hard plastic T would not work due to not being able to be flexible. Make sense?
Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO
Jan 13, 2016 1:07 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
Thanks for clarifying. I'm afraid we do not have a version of the 58-135 with a flexible T. It is meant to be installed by sliding it in the slot from the end. Are you able to slide it in from the end?
Jan 13, 2016 2:53 pm
We did try, and it was very hard to slide it. We got half way done with one of the sides, and it all just popped out of the slot.
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Jan 14, 2016 9:41 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Unfortunately, we don't have anything else that may work. Considering this is for an RV door, you may want to go to a store that specializes in RV replacement hardware. RVs typically have specific hardware that aren't interchangeable with normal house replacement parts. The 58-135 seems close, and I'm surprised it didn't fit, but since it can't work you may need something specifically made for an RV.
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts