Replace casement

Quick Learner from Chicago
May 19, 2024 12:30 pm
I think I need to replace the casement since the window keeps coming off the track. The nylon roller is also in bad shape. Can you help identify what type of casement I need and what part of the window I need to pry off? Unsure if it's two pieces or one.
IMG_4746 IMG_4745 IMG_4744
3 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Bob
Bob from SWISCO
May 19, 2024 3:38 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello there. To clarify, the casement window refers to the entire window sash, frame, and components. See the video on this page that explains the 'anatomy' of a casement window. Now, at the very least it sounds like you might need to replace the window operator as well as the track it connects to on the sash. See if the 39-028E matches what you have. Let me know if anything differs in the measurements. For an accompanying track, see the 39-533. For a new handle, see the 39-114L.

Dimensions for 39-028e
Dimensions for 39-028e

Now, if you remove the old operator and try manually moving the sash in and out, and it cannot do this properly, you probably need to replace the hinges on the tip and bottom of the window as well. See if the 10" 36-048 set matches what you need. Let me know if you have further questions.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts