Replace track and roller assembly

A handy person from Knoxville, Tennessee says:
I am looking for replacement parts for a Stanley Mirrored bi-fold closet door. I need the floor channel and the four roller assemblies that fit in the corners of the inside of the doors. Channel is 24 inches long, 1 inch high and 1 inch wide. Roller assemblies have the number 4405-R . Please help me.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 355A91D4-B3EF-4023-96E0-8432EDDE34D0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A6FF897B-BEE1-4922-A303-287336CA8341.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DD503A79-AA26-464C-AD17-DB9B48BC74DA.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I think we can help, but I'm afraid I can't determine what you have from these photos alone. Concerning the track, can you tell me its height and width? I will also need to see a clearer picture of the rollers you mentioned. It will be necessary to remove them from the door in order to ID. Too many important details are obscured so long as they're still in the door.

Attached please find new photos. Track is 1inch tall and 1 inch wide and 23 3/4inches long. I need the new track and the one plastic roller (shown in photo) that runs inside the track that the pin fits in. All other components of door seems to be in good shape. Thanks for your help.

Barbara
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 735E0C28-0178-4ECF-8665-5E27D41B09EB.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0B4E7FC8-A027-44FF-B2AE-E1423D5E4D4C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A3162433-81BF-46E4-A49A-5008E8B8FDE0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 312A8F70-B10A-4C6A-A9CF-2C82C7EECEBE.jpeg
I sent the new info and pictures you requested last week. I have not heard from you and wondered if you had received them.

Barbara
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your patience during this busy season. After reviewing your photos, we pulled up all the related parts that go with you doors and associated them to this page. For your 24" track, we only have the 21-452 low profile track, which is 1/2" high. The manufacturer discontinued the 1" high track unfortunately. They suggest you adjust the bottom 23-113 pivot to raise the door or add a shim to the top track. We also carry other lengths you might need. 

Some other parts to consider are the 23-112 top pivot, 21-174 roll guide, 21-286 snugger, and 21-175 bracket. Note that the 21-450 track already comes with the pivot bracket and nylon roll guide.

Hi.
Is it your opinion that the give on both the top and bottom pivots will compensate for the loss of the 1/2 inch on the lower track? Also I do not have a snuggler.. What is it? Both my top and bottom current pivots are in good shape.

Thanks,
Barbara
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The adjustment of the 23-113 pivot will help when compensating for that lost 1/2", but it won't do everything. More importantly, you have to shim the top track. You can use a piece of wood, for example, to bring it down the remaining amount.

You might also know the snugger by "bumper." It basically just helps the door open without banging on either side.

Thanks for your help. I have ordered the 21-450 track and a snuggler. Wish me luck
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.