Replacement

A quick learner from Daytona beach florida says:
I have 4 different sizes. The metal part is in half inch increments. The one shown is 12.5 inches. These windows are from the late 1960s. There is no channel stop that you pull out on the frame. Not sure what you call it but pull it out to stop the balance from moving up. The top plastic part actually had a piece that moves back and forth. Probably for adjustments. Do you have replacement balance. If so can you tell me how to get it out and in. Thanks ron
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F815C826-9FDC-496B-A886-8EDFCC92F6B7.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 09C8A456-772D-45F3-88BE-9FE773DCFB6B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E2D0CD0C-3ACE-4C86-8176-C7BD2F000A39.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C8ADF4C8-8869-4E74-B81B-A89B5DCFCCF5.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AF70AC60-DBE3-4ACF-98C5-20E8FEC6D8EC.jpeg
A quick learner from Daytona beach florida says:

Here are more photos.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your patience during this busy season. It looks to me like you have an old Pan Am window balance system. We can supply this, but it has to be a custom order since this isn't a stock design. Before we go any further, you mentioned that you have four different sizes; did you want to order them all at once now, or did you want to just get the 12-1/2" length balance to start out? 

If you want them all now, I'll need their metal channel lengths and stamps. I also recommend weighing the sash supported by each size balance just to be sure. If you give me those weights, I can confirm that your stamps are accurate.

Otherwise, we will be designing a 12-1/2" long balance with a 19-035 top and 15-035 bottom shoe. You will also need a 33-017 screw to mount on the balance channel, which is sold separately. 

If that sounds good to you, please let me know how many of the 12-1/2" size you wanted to buy. If you want all four sizes, please tell me how many of each you need. We can then get the ball rolling on these custom orders.

Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.