Replacement balances for living room windows, question about Channel Balance Top and Balance Shoe

A handy person from Panama says:
Hi!
Thank you very much for this great service! I am trying to replace the channel balances of my sliding windows. I wanted to make sure that I order the right balances as the balance top of my channel balances looks a little different of what I see in the pictures on your website and I am not sure about the shoe either.

I assume that I need the channel balance with a 19-002 Channel Balance Top Guide, correct? However, the Channel Balance Top Guide on my Balances have a round indentation or groove, which I try to show in the pictures. The Channel Balance Top Guide 19-002 was the closest looking I found.

I am also not sure about the correct Balance Shoe, as I keep measuring between 1 3/16" and 1 1/4" for the shoe depth. Would the shoe 15-003 the correct one?

The balance has a width of 1/2" and a length of 33". The print says 3250.

Can you please help me by indicating which Channel balances I would need to order?

I would need 6 Channel balances of this type. Please let me know if I should provide more information.

Thank you very much for your help!

All the best,
Inga

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Big_windows_Channel_Balance_Top_topview_01.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Big_windows_Channel_Balance_Shoe_frontview.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Big_windows_Channel_Balance_Shoe_sideview.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Big_windows_Channel_Balance_Top_backview.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Big_windows_Channel_Balance_Top_frontview.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Inga.

Thanks for reaching out to us! I agree with your assessment. Regarding your top fitting, this looks like it's an older version of our 19-002 so ours should be fine. As for the bottom shoe, if it's measuring as 1-3/16" this will have to be a custom order since we don't have a stock balance that uses this shoe. This won't be as complicated as it may sound, we'll basically be using a 33" long plain channel with the 19-002 top, 15-003 shoe and 3250 stamp to assemble you a functional replacement. 

Does that sound good to you? If it does, I've just emailed you a purchase link and price quote for 6 of these balances that you can use to place an order on our website. If you'd like to make any changes, let me know right here on this page and I'd be happy to do so!

A handy person from Panama says:
Hi Emily,

Thank you very much for your prompt and really helpful answer! This sounds excellent to me and I will use the link you emailed me to place the order.
I do have another window problem. Should I open a new thread or rather post the questions and pictures here?

Again, thank you so much for your help!

All the best,
Inga

Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

My pleasure, Inga! You can upload your pictures or ask questions right here on this page and I will be happy to help. 

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.