Replacement needed for channel balance

Handy Person from Minnesota
Jul 10, 2023 10:10 pm
I am looking for a replacement channel balance for what is shown in the pictures. I believe the part number should be S351-28 (2740). Can you verify this from the pictures? Only one side was damaged but do you recommend replacing both sides or not?
thumbnail_IMG_1829 thumbnail_IMG_1830 thumbnail_IMG_1831 thumbnail_IMG_1832 thumbnail_IMG_1833
5 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Jul 11, 2023 1:31 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hey there!

I'm afraid I can't confirm if the Series 351 is what you need from these photos. The best match will depend on the depth of the bottom shoe which isn't something I can eyeball from photos, sadly. You'll have to measure as shown in the image below to see which Series is best for your repair.

We recommend replacing your balances in pairs, yes! You wouldn't want to pair an old balance with a new one. That would only cause the new balance to wear out a lot faster since it had to pick up the slack for the older one. 

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts