Replacement partd

Handy Person from Swanzey NH
Nov 25, 2023 3:53 pm

I've included pics of the original box and label on the window. I think it is a balance but am not certain. The plastic part split in two so the window does not work properly. My name is Jim, I am trying to fix my sister in law's window.

Resized_20231031_131515 20231031_131413 IMG_5346 IMG_5345 IMG_5343
5 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Bob
Bob from SWISCO
Nov 26, 2023 8:31 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello there. This Simonton Coil Balance system is no longer made, but we've devised a substitute solution. Our 15-259 shoe should be able to fit your window track. This shoe works with Series 159 Coil Balances. You will have to convert your entire balance assembly to this new setup. We have a video that shows how to do this. See what you think.

Nov 27, 2023 6:48 pm
That looks doable Bob. How do I go about ordering a set for my sister in law's window?
Jim Ells.
Bob
Bob from SWISCO
Nov 28, 2023 3:29 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Great! All orders can be placed directly on our site at your convenience. 

Nov 29, 2023 10:20 am
So, a few questions. How do I determine which weight coil balance to use, and do I need to order new pivot bars?
IMG_5410
1 user uploaded images
Bob
Bob from SWISCO
Nov 29, 2023 11:20 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

If you're using the 15-259 solution suggested in the video above, then you will need to weigh your sash on a scale to get its precise weight, down to the ounce. Then, divide that by how many springs you plan on installing for each side.

So, for example, if the sash weighs 22 pounds and you plan on using two springs per side, then you would divide 22 by 4. That would lead you to the S159-5, which supports 5.5 pounds per spring.

Hopefully that makes sense. As for using a new pivot bar, as per the video shared above you will need a new 26-083 to go with the new style assembly.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts