Replacement parts needed

A home owner from hermitage,pa says:
Hi, Please tell me what I need to order. I am replacing all the parts. I was unable to find any numbers or markings on the old parts.

Thanks for your help!

Carrie
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting, Carrie! Please see the list of hardware I made for you on this page. They're a little different from what you have now, but I think they will still work.

As for the springs, I recommend our Series 150. You mentioned you couldn't find any numbers on the old parts, does that include the springs? You usually want to pick the best Series 150 option by the stamp on the old spring. If you can't find anything, please give me the exact weight of your sash and how many springs are used on each side to support it and we will calculate the proper option.

Hello,

Thanks for the response! I could not find any markings but I did weigh the sash and it is 20 lbs. There are 2 springs on each side for a total of 4 springs per sash. I hope this helps and again thank you!

Carrie
Profile picture of Tom

It sure does. With a nice even 20 pound sash and two springs on each side, I recommend our S150-5. Each of these carry 5 pounds each, so having 4 altogether should be perfect for your sash.

Thanks Tom!

I am figuring out what I need to order now for 2 windows. Please review this list for me and let me know if I did it right;

4-#15-140
8-#15-143
8-#15-144
8-#15-145
8-#S150-5

This is so exciting to finally repair these windows! Again, Thank you so much for your help!

Carrie
Profile picture of Tom

Yep, looks good to me! Just one note about the 15-143 bushing, 15-144 cap, and 15-145 barrel. These kind of "sandwich" over the spring. You put the 15-145 barrel over the round post on the 15-144, put the spring over that, then snap the 15-143 on.

I only explain because many customers have voiced confusion on how these relate to one another. Hope it makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions.

Fantastic! I will take your advice when assembling. Again, Thanks so much!

Carrie
Profile picture of Tom

My pleasure. Thanks for considering us, and please let me know if we can be of any help in the future.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.