Replacing glass going to thicker, need a different bead

A home owner from Texas says:

Greetings. I am moving from a 5/8 to a 3/4" glass when I replace the glass in my Vinyl windows from 2007. It works great but I am having to reuse the current beads and have to trim them. The color is Tan or Almond. 

Do you have something that would work in my application? I have a few more pics if you would like. you see the old glass in the jam with bead as is, then the glass without bead, then new glass with the trimmed bead with upgraded thicker glass. I look forward to hearing from you. Cheers

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230102_131934.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230102_132008.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230102_132013.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230102_132043.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230102_131805.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out to us. We'd be happy to help but we would need written-out dimensions for your glazing bead. 

If you don't mind my asking, why are you changing the thickness of the insulated glass? I don't see the advantage for the insulation properties and your window was designed for 5/8" thick insulated glass. Also, keep in mind that you would need to replace your window balances with a different weight rating to accommodate the new weight of your window. 

You may want to keep the same 5/8" thickness so you can reuse your existing glazing bead. There's a chance you could give yourself a headache by trying to adapt a new glazing bead to fit with the thicker glass. Just something to keep in mind. 

A home owner from Texas says:
First, I have already ordered some replacement glass, and in my measurements I got that the glass was 3/4" thick, but that was when the glass was still secured in the frame. I guess that I didn't account for the foam tape holding it off the frame. I ordered about 6 insulated glass units at this thickness. And taking the existing bead and trimming the lip that touches the glass worked well. I am just hoping I don't have to trim all of them, and wanting to find something existing. I plan on ordering the correct replacement glass moving forward, but still want to use what I ordered. I have attached a few more pictures of the profile of the existing bead as well as measurements in mm's. Looking for Tan color.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230120_034653.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230120_035519.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bead Measurements - Copy.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230120_034642.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry to say that I wasn't able to find your exact glazing through any of our suppliers. That said, I made a list of possible alternatives below. Regardless of what you go with, I feel you will still need to trim them to fit and in some cases you will have to paint them to match your existing trim. Look them over and see if you think any of them are promising. We also sell the 75-051 glass caliper, which may be helpful.

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO 75-051 Glass Caliper
SWISCO 75-051 Glass Caliper
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.