Replacing non tilt 5/8" X 19" non tilt sash balance

A quick learner from Sarasota, FL 34202 says:
The part I'm replacing has a green tip. Which one should I order red or blue for an aluminum sash approximately 36" Wide X 22" high?
Thank you,
Alan
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0878.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

The old green tip traditionally translates to the modern blue tip, but we always recommend weighing the sash just to be 100% sure.

A home owner from Sarasota, FL says:
I have removed spiral balances on left and right sides of sash, but cannot get screws loose on old 40 year old bottom brackets.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Alan
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

If you are not able to remove the sash then the next best course of action would be to put a scale on the sill and gently lower the sash on top of it. It wont be 100% accurate, but it'll put us in the right direction.

A home owner from Sarasota, FL says:
My concern was not weighing the sash but removing the sash carrier brackets from the bottom of the sash. The screws aren't budging. Have tried lubricating and tightening and loosing the screws with no success. I'm thinking of trying to break the bracket off to gain access to the screw and using vice grips. Any other suggestions to remove the sash carrier bracket screws would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Alan
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

It's unfortunate, however, the thing about these old windows is many of them were explicitly designed so that you cannot remove hardware like this. They were mass-produced and when they broke, the manufacturer likely intended for customers to buy an all new window, not just small replacement parts.

With that being said, we may still be able to offer a solution, as we do sell plenty of compatible parts. However, you will need to work around the window's limitations. Especially since you most likely won't be able to get the window removed.

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.