Rollers for mirror closet door

A quick learner from Hawaii says:
Product of Del Mar Eng Co Long Beach Cal Pat 3.670-357

Wheel has Syracuse N.Y. Kilian Toronto Can

I'm guessing it is part # 81-255

Wheel diameter is 1.5 (or a little less - hard to measure)

Width is a little more than .5 inch

Length seems to match 2 and 1/8th

Dimple is much smaller - maybe 1/4 inch

Screw opening doesn't match - picture has "U" we have a hole

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220909_205351150.MP.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220909_205404787.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220909_205409933.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220909_205416226.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220909_210810968.MP.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I agree that the 81-255 is similar to your roller but we've also recommended the 81-243 to replace a similar Del Mar roller in the past. Take a look at the other customer's thread here. The wheel measures 1-1/4" but the housing can be adjusted to compensate for the difference. Also, the style of the screw tab is different on our rollers but that shouldn't prevent either option from working for you. 

Take a look and see how the dimensions shown on both of our product pages compare to your roller, which will be the determining factor when choosing the best replacement option. Thanks for posting.   

A quick learner from Hawaii says:
I ended up using 81-243, though I think 81-255 would have worked also. The mirror door now slides easily - keeps going when you give it a push.

Removing the old rollers and installing the new ones was a real pain. They fit into a tight space inside the door - I needed to "stretch" the door with one hand while I pushed the roller into the space. I used soap to help lubricate the roller mechanism a bit. You just have to keep at it. I think I read where someone else use disassembled the bottom of the door as an easier way to install. I didn't try that.

I also had trouble removing the screw that held the old rollers. It had been there for at least a decade, maybe two or three. I found a screw driver that had a good fit, then used a pair of plyers to rotate the screw driver. That worked.

Also, the screw has to be aligned with both the roller and a sort of half screw hole that runs above the roller. You can't see it - but with a little trail and error you can get it right - you know when there is resistance.

Lots of grunts and fidgeting, but very doable.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you so much for the update! I'm certain this information will be helpful to customers in the future.

Please let us know if you had follow up questions on this or any other project. 

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.