Rollers needed for 4' sliding doors

Quick Learner from Florida
May 6, 2024 12:54 pm
Hello, I'm having trouble removing these rollers and I wanted to see if you could figure out which type they were so I could have replacements ready. Thank you
IMG_7068 IMG_7069 IMG_7071 IMG_7070 IMG_7072
5 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 7, 2024 11:52 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

It's very difficult to determine a match without seeing the original removed. At this stage my best guess is the 81-133, but you'll only know once you compare dimensions to the original part.

Since this looks like an older aluminum door, you will probably have to remove the bottom rail before you can take the roller out. This can be tricky, since there's a risk of damaging the glass on accident. Make sure to be very careful.

What you need to do is remove the screws at the bottom corner of the door, then use a block of wood and mallet to gently--but firmly--tap the rail off the frame. That should give you access to the roller.

I'd suggest removing the roller to check measurements before you buy anything. Our 81-133 is close, but it's far from the only option, and based on the age of the door there is a chance that your original part is something we don't even have. Always better to be safe than sorry. The last thing you want to do is have to remove the rail multiple extra times because you got the wrong size.

Alternate image for 81-133
Alternate image for 81-133

Quick Learner from Florida
May 7, 2024 12:14 pm
Thank you ! That worked
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 7, 2024 1:50 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Great, happy to hear it! Please feel free to reach out if you had any other questions.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts