Roto Casement Latch

Home Owner from Seattle WA
May 8, 2011 12:10 pm
Hi.
I broke the casement latch on one window and am having trouble finding a replacement. Can you help? Also this latch is on a largish window- 60"X30". When cranked fully closed it is still difficult to latch? Is this just an alignment issue? Does a window this large really need two latches? Thanks
user submitted photo of window casement lock for 60 x 30 window
20 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 11, 2011 2:03 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for posting on the discussion board and submitting your photos. Before we continue with the research, can you please give us the distance between your screw hole centers and how far the "fork" sticks out from the casing? This will help us narrow down our results.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
May 18, 2011 2:38 pm
sure.

The fork sticks out just 1".
The distance between the screws is 4"

Hope this helps.

Steve
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 19, 2011 9:49 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Steve, we have located a newer version, but the screw hole center distance is 3 7/8". Can you recheck your measurement to see if it's any less than 4 inches? We want to make sure your dimensions are a match before we recommend a replacement.
May 19, 2011 3:48 pm
Yes, center to center the spacing is probably 3 7/8".

Steve
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 25, 2011 7:24 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Thank you for your patience. We are currently researching possible replacements and will post an update as soon as more information becomes available.
Quick Learner from Seattle
May 25, 2011 11:35 am
Thank much!!!!
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
May 28, 2011 1:27 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
I believe I might have found a replacement. I just need one more measurement. Can you please measure your latch as shown in this picture.
Need additional measurement of this casement latch.
Home Owner from Seattle
May 29, 2011 1:53 pm
Approximately 1 3/8"... Maybe a bit more,
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
May 31, 2011 3:39 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
I am bringing in two different replacement Roto latches for you to look at. I believe one of them is the replacement you need. I will contact you again here when they are ready to be viewed online.
Home Owner from Seattle
May 31, 2011 3:52 pm
Great. Thanks. If you have any of the schematics I would be happy to review them also... To see if the routing required is the same etc.

Also, and idea how much these are?
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Jun 7, 2011 11:19 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Take a look at newly added multi-point locks, 38-138 (1-5/32") and 38-139 (1-1/2").

The installation holes measure close to the given 3-7/8", actual measure is 3-27/32".
Home Owner from Seattle
Jun 7, 2011 11:22 am
Thanks much! I will review and let you know what works! Thanks

If I order and its not "right"- what is the return policy?
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Jun 7, 2011 11:41 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Take a look at our Return/Exchange Policy page. Let me know if you have any questions.
Home Owner from seattle
Jun 7, 2011 12:41 pm
Last question- who is the manufacturer on these two latches? Is it Roto?

Is there perhaps a schematic from the catalog?

I am pretty sure taht 38-139 is the right one...
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Jun 7, 2011 3:48 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
Yes, the manufacturer is Roto. We do not have a schematic. I'd be glad to post additional measurements for you. Which ones do you need?
Home Owner from Seattle
Jun 7, 2011 3:51 pm
If it is Roto (vs. a replacement product) I am pretty sure its right. Thanks.
Jun 23, 2011 10:20 pm
Ok. So I got this in the mail now. It looks like a perfect fit... Except that where mine has threaded holes to be secured by screws, the one I ordered/received just has holes??? What do I need to do here?

Thanks
Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO
Jun 24, 2011 3:34 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
You're right, they do not come threaded. I believe the screws self thread themselves into the lock.
Home Owner from Seattle (too)
Oct 10, 2011 2:10 pm
Wow. I have the same exact part which broke. Must be the rain in Seattle...

Picture below. Could you let me know if this hardware is still available? I might buy a couple just in case another one goes south.
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Oct 12, 2011 2:12 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
Have you taken a look at the 38-138 and 38-139 Multi-Point locks?
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts