Sash spring

Handy Person from Phoenix MD
May 5, 2024 3:17 pm
Double spring. one snapped. Id like to replace both.
coil springs and pivot shoe window track cut out coil housings
3 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
May 7, 2024 1:46 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for reaching out to us! It looks like you have our 15-177 shoe. For new springs, see the Series 152. You will also want to check the spring tongue for a stamped weight code.

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Alternate image for 15-177
Alternate image for 15-177

Handy Person from Phoenix MD
May 7, 2024 3:32 pm

Thanks for the response. The stamped code on the springs are DL on one and D on the other. Not sure what those equate to in pounds. Or do I have any idea. The best guess for my sash weight is 23lbs. using our baking scale. Don't tell my wife, she will kill me.

Next, Can I reuse the shoe I have? Or is it best to replace?

Last, Will the springs come with the white plastic things they coil around when I get them? Like the white plastic things in my pics.

Emily
Emily from SWISCO
May 8, 2024 9:19 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

You can certainly reuse the pivot shoe if it's in working order. We don't sell your exact coil covers but the Series 152 springs are compatible with the 15-143 bushing, 15-144 bushing cap, and 15-145 support barrel. These parts "sandwich" around each spring and are sold separately from the springs and pivot shoe. 

If the sash weighs exactly 23 pounds, I'd recommend using two S152-6 6-pound springs on each side of the window. That will equal 12 pounds on each side, totaling 24 pounds of overall support. However, you may ultimately want to weigh the window sash on a bathroom scale for a precise weight if possible. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts