Searching for 3330E

A quick learner says:

Dear Swisco-Expert-Team,

I tried to identify the correct (1/2"-width-) channel balances for my windows in your shop, but I've stranded. For the top-fitting I couldn't find a match (it's fastened with a screw to the sash window frame).

Also, the four-digit code of some of channel balances (3330, 34" long and a 2830, 29") has an additional "E".

I'll attach a bunch of photos.

Hope you can help and I say a big thank you in advance!

Greetings from Panama! 

Hubert

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named bottom fitting 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named bottom fitting 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named bottom fitting 3, and four-digit number (one with
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named top fitting 1 (one with screw for fastening to win
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named top fitting 2.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Hubert!

Hmm, I'm not familiar with the top fitting for your balance. I'm going to forward this to one of our senior experts to see what he recommends. We'll reach out to you the moment more information is available. 

Thank you! 

A quick learner says:
Thank you, Emily! Hopefully there is a solution.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience, Hubert. The balances you show here resembles the Old Security balances so we can custom make you a 34" and 29" long balance with the 19-042 top fitting and 15-005 1" deep bottom fitting. We'll use a 3330 strength option for the 34" balance and the 2830 strength option for the 29" balance. Does that sounds good to you? If it does, let us know how many of each you'll need and we can draft a price quote from there. 

A quick learner from Panama says:
Hi Paul,

This sounds fantastic. Thank you very much!

I would need 4 pairs of the 34" - 3330 strength balance and 1 pair of the 29"- 2830 strength balance.

I found that in each pair of the 34" ? 3330 balances one balance carried an additional 'E' after the four-digit code (see photo above). So for each window there is a ' 34"-3330 ' - balance on one side and a ' 34"-3330E ' -balance on the other side. For the 29" ? 2830 pair actually both carry an additional "E" (' 2830E ' on both balances). Is this important?

Thank you so much for all your help and your offer to custom make the balances with the right fittings!
Hubert
Profile picture of Paul

Great! No, in this case the letters on your balance aren't important but the numbers definitely are. They represent the weight range your balance is calibrated to support. What we'll do now is email you a purchase link and price quote for (8) of the 34" balances with the 3330 option and (2) of the 29" balances with the 2830 option that you can use to place an order on our website. If you'd like to make any changes or had any question, just let us know right here on this page!

Perfect, thank you so much!

Almost there! Now I found these aluminum pieces at the top corners of the sash where the 19-042 top fitting gets screwed on rather beaten up and would like to replace some (see photos). Can't find them though in the store. Any chance you have them? If not, I may try to bend the metal back to the original form, hoping not to break the aluminum. (some dimensions: width of the top approx. 21 mm, width of the "foot" approx. 13mm, length of the "foot" approx. 24mm).

Thank you again for your wonderful help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN3181.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN3183.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN3184.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN3185.jpg
Profile picture of Paul

No problem, Hubert! 

Unfortunately, your top sash guide was discontinued some years ago. We have a possible substitute, our 18-065, but you'll need to modify it to get it to work for your sash. Look this part over and see what you think. 

Hi Paul,

many thanks for this additional information. Although this top sash guide doesn't really fit I might be able to drill some holes etc. to make it work.
I just now placed a nice order and can't wait to get these ol' windows working nicely again.

Thank you so much for all your help and guidance, and please say hi and my gratitude to Emily as well!
Saludos! Hubert
Profile picture of Paul

I sure will, Hubert! We're always happy to help. Good luck with the repairs and please let us know if we can be of further help! 

* * * * * This is a message I tried to send you August 24: * * * * *

Dear Emily and Paul of the Swisco Expert-Team,

I don't want to miss to thank you for your excellent help and advice during the process of finding the right channel balances for me. Last Saturday was one of the best Saturdays for a long time when I could fix all those almost unusable and stuck windows in our old house here in Panama. What a joy having them opening and closing so smoothly again!

And the word has spread. A neighbor here also has issues with her windows and we found them having the same types of channel balances with the fittings you made especially for me.

As a start for her house, I would like to inquire if you could make

- 2 pairs of 2830E - channel balances, 29" length
- 1 pair of 2930E - channel balances, 30" length

All three pairs should have the same fittings on the top and at the bottom that you custom made for me: This is the 19-042 top fitting and the 15-005 1" deep bottom fitting.

Another question:
Do you happen to have someone in your expert team who speaks Spanish? I am living in a small town in the former Canal Zone with numerous old houses that all have more or less the same types of sash windows and I presume most if not all have issues. I am not able to help all house owners with their windows, but there is a clever carpenter who could do this as part of his business. But he speaks Spanish only. So, if there is a Spanish-speaking member in your expert team they could communicate with the carpenter in situations when he needs advice from you. This would be so great.

Thanks again and my best regards!
Hubert
Profile picture of Emily

Hi, Hubert.

This is the first time we're seeing this message but I am so glad your windows are back in action again. It's our pleasure to help, of course! 

We can certainly make those balances for your neighbor. I'll email you purchase links and price quotes for your requested quantity and lengths right now for you to review. 

I'm afraid we don't have an expert that speaks Spanish but our customer service representative, Ingrid, does and she would be happy to translate our advice and recommendations. The carpenter can email us at help@swisco.com or he can create his own discussion with any questions he may have. 

If you have any questions just let me know! I'd be happy to help. 

Hi Emily,

This is great. Many thanks! I just placed the order :)

It is also great to hear there is a Spanish speaking customer service representative, Ingrid. I'll try to activate the carpenter and hopefully he becomes interested in this great opportunity.

Greetings from Panama!
Hubert
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you very much for your order, Hubert. We really appreciate it! I'll be here to help if you need anything else!

A quick learner from Panama (Central America) says:
Dear Swisco-Experts,

here I am again! :)
I would like to order some more of custom-made channel balances, just as before (see my order history), but this time with a different length and strength:

- 2 pairs of 2530E ? channel balances, 26" length
- 5 pairs of 3330E ? channel balances, 34" length

All should have the 19-042 top fitting and the 15-005 1" deep bottom fitting.

Hope you can still make them.

Best wishes from Panama,
Sincerely, Hubert
Profile picture of Emily

Hey, Hubert.

It's nice to hear from you again! I hope all is well. We can definitely make these balances! I'll email you an order link that you can use to place an order on our website. If you have any questions just let me know!

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.